How to Apply
St. Sebastian's seeks to provide each prospective family ample opportunity to develop a genuine understanding of the School and its unique mission. Likewise, we hope to get to know each applicant and his family for their distinct gifts and qualities. Below is a breakdown of the Admissions process. Please use this as a guide, but always feel free to call us at 781-247-0125 if you have any questions.
Create a Ravenna Account to Inquire and Start the Process
A Ravenna account is necessary to register for admissions events, to schedule an interview, and to complete our application. When you create an account and “explore” St. Sebastian’s, we will also include you in our email list and mail you an information packet and viewbook (September through February).
- Create a Ravenna profile with an email address that you will have for the entire admission process.
- Click “EXPLORE” to indicate your interest in learning more about the school and the admission process. (If you already have a Ravenna account, simply log in and EXPLORE St. Sebastian’s).
- Click “APPLY” to indicate your interest in starting the application process (scheduling an interview/viewing admission requirements). Clicking “Apply” does not require you to submit an application or pay the application fee.
Note: Completing our Request Information Inquiry Form or “exploring” us directly through Ravenna accomplishes the same tasks. It allows us to be in touch with you, and it allows you to start the process.
Schedule a Personal Interview & Tour
During a personal interview, you and your parent(s) will meet with an admissions officer to learn more about St. Sebastian's. The interview is required of every applicant so that we can get to know you better. We schedule interviews from October 3 to February 10. You may choose an in-person or a Zoom interview as you prefer or as health conditions require.
Attend Our Open House Events
Join us for our Open House on October 6, our Curriculum Night on November 3 or our Athletics Night on December 6. All events are optional but helpful.
Take a Standardized Test
November to January:
- Applicants to 7th and 8th grades should take the Middle Level of the Independent School Entrance Exam (ISEE)
- Applicants to 9th grade or higher should take the Secondary School Admissions Test (SSAT)
Please designate St. Sebastian's School as a recipient of the official score.
ISEE Code: 221545
SSAT Code: 6934
Complete Your Online Application
All applications should be completed and submitted online through www.ravenna-hub.com by the February 1 deadline. Ravenna is a web-based platform for paperless submission of online applications. It allows applicants to manage, complete, and submit their applications as well as request required recommendations, reports, and transcripts.
A completed application consists of the following: Applicant Parts One & Two, Parent Questionnaire, English Teacher Recommendation, Math Teacher Recommendation, Applicant School Report, Personal Recommendation, Transcript/Report Card, Standardized Test Results
Application deadline: February 1
Application fee: $50
(Payable online through Ravenna)
Please contact the Admission Office to request a fee waiver or a paper copy of our application.
Delegate Teacher & Personal Recommendations
All teacher and personal recommendations should be delegated between November 1 and January 1 and submitted before February 1 through www.ravenna-hub.com. Recommendation forms and instructions will be provided to teachers via email.